Online Legal Documents
Online Legal Documents
Online legal documents are increasingly becoming more popular for both personal and commercial legal needs.
We recommend the service provided by My Lawyer who provides a full suite of online services for personal and business legal needs.
We're here & happy to help
Below you will find some of our most commonly asked questions about My Legal Club generally. Simply click or tap the question to view the answer. For anything else you can contact one of the team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
What does My Legal Club do?
My Legal Club was founded by an experienced solicitor so you can be certain we have cherry-picked the most highly recommended third-party panel solicitors to help you. The panel solicitors have the experience and expertise to help whenever you need legal advice and support. They have agreed to the highest standards of customer care and support ensuring you receive the very highest standards of service.
If you need legal advice or support we can help you!
We are not a solicitors firm. My Legal Club Limited is a claims management company and is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FRN834278)
Why should I instruct a solicitor via My Legal Club?
On 8th March 2019 we launched a twitter poll asking participants what their biggest consideration was when selecting a solicitor. Over 90% of participants in the poll voted in favour of a recommendation / recommended solicitor.
Who is qualified to recommend a solicitor firm? How do you know they have the expertise and ability to provide you with the best service possible at a great price?
The Management team at My Legal Club works within the legal services industry. We have cherry-picked the law firms across the country that we feel provide the levels of service that we would want if we needed help in that area.
My Legal Club ensures that the law firms have the correct accreditation’s and insurance in place to ensure your case is secure in their hands.
My Legal Club has a strict level service agreement and standards of customer service that must be upheld by their panel firms to ensure that their standards remain as high as possible and you receive the level of care and support you deserve.
All our member firms are solicitors of England and Wales and authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. The Authority’s rules can be accessed via their website.
Any solicitor we refer you to is an independent professional, from whom you will receive impartial and confidential advice. You are free to choose another solicitor if you so choose but we would, of course, welcome feedback as to why.
Is My Legal Club a solicitors firm?
No. My Legal Club is not a solicitors practice. My Legal Club Limited is a claims management company and is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FRN834278). Full details are contained within our footer.
Which areas of law are defined as regulated for the purposes of customer protection by the FCA?
Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA)
My Legal Club Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) reference: (FRN834278).
My Legal Club is a claims management company and only undertakes marketing activities that comply with Solicitors Regulation Authority (“SRA”) Handbook (in particular, Chapter 8 - Publicity).
Under the regime operated by the Claims Management Regulator (CMR), the FCA grant permission for all regulated claims management activity across 6 sectors.
The areas of law that are classed as regulated and where the FCA provides consumer protection are financial services and products, personal injury, housing disrepair, specified benefit, criminal injury, and employment.
Areas that can be defined as “non-regulated” and will not benefit from customer protection by the FCA include all areas of law not listed above, e.g. conveyancing, wills, probate, family law, divorce, commercial, etc.
Any solicitor we refer you to is an independent professional from whom you will receive impartial and confidential advice. You are of course free to choose another solicitor.
Does using My Legal Club cost me anything?
If you contact us wanting assistance with a legal query via our panel solicitors then My Legal Club does not take any money from you. We put you in touch with our highly recommended solicitors. When you speak with the solicitor they will then explain what they can, or can't, do to help and quote for any work you want them to perform.
Is my data secure? Will anyone (such as my employer) know that I have contacted you?
My Legal Club handles your data and your inquiry with extreme sensitivity. All the panel member law firms are required to ensure confidentiality and respect your privacy. Further information is located on our site regarding privacy and your data.
Your inquiry will be forwarded to the appropriate solicitor with the request to contact you via your preferred method of contact at your preferred date and time.
How do I pass on any feedback or raise a complaint?
If the Complaint is in respect of any additional benefit with a third-party company we will forward your email to our commercial partner who operates the scheme and they will handle your complaint in accordance with the terms and conditions you agreed to when you first use their site. It is then for them to liaise with you directly in respect of your complaint or query.
Do you have a vulnerable person policy?
We aim to identify those clients who may be at risk of being vulnerable by virtue of their age, disability or circumstance. This Policy is written as our commitment to such clients.
- It is important to us that we are able to identify clients who may be vulnerable and we are committed to training all our team to identify key indicators such as age, disability or clients who find themselves in a particularly stressful situation where their judgment may be impaired or they may be vulnerable to influence or exploitation.
- We aim to treat older clients, their families, and representatives, with additional consideration, by being both sympathetic and sensitive to any issues they may have. We also aim to ensure that our team also treats such clients with dignity, kindness, and respect at all times.
- Where a client prefers to communicate with us with another person present (via email as an example), we will strive to facilitate this request subject to GDPR compliance e.g. that person specifying in writing whom we should be liaising with. We will require that person’s full name and relationship to the client, and where such a person is an Attorney or Court of Protection Deputy we will ask to see evidence of this. However, we will always strive to ensure that our client understands and feels at ease if they are alone with us.
- Where English is not the first language of our client or has difficulty hearing or with sight, we suggest that an appropriate independent interpreter assists, or a person that our client trusts to help the client understand what is being discussed. We will be mindful of any other limitations such as mobility or capacity and provide every support to enable our client to communicate and feel comfortable in providing their instructions. We can provide large print, Braille or sign writing facilities as necessary.
- We will use plain English and where legal terminology has to be used we will ensure that our client understands and will not proceed until we are sure of this.
- We are an online business but should any face to face meetings be required we shall ensure we have disabled access with disabled parking and toilet facilities.
- We are obliged to verify the identification of all our clients but are mindful that some of our older clients do not have valid passports or driving licenses and will adapt our procedures to accommodate such clients when necessary provided that this does not compromise our own money laundering requirements. The ID will be required for any solicitor, Deputy or other agents for our client.
- We are aware that many of our older clients are computer literate and will feel comfortable communicating via email, but we will never insist on this form of communication and will make our older clients feel at ease by sending letters by post if this is preferred and we are happy to send duplicate correspondence to a family or trusted support provided that such authority is provided by the client.
- We will always act in the client’s best interests and where we have concerns as to vulnerability, capacity, coercion or undue influence we will do our best to seek our client’s permission to refer him/her if necessary for a further professional opinion.
No Win No Fee
If your action is subject to a potential claim where no win no fee may be considered there are important points to note.
We are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and all of our panel solicitors handling no-win no-fee claims are solicitors of England and Wales and authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority.
There are a number of personal injury/financial mis-selling/housing disrepair companies out there that claim they offer no win no fee agreements, when in fact there are hidden charges in the service they offer. It is important to use an experienced firm of solicitors with vast experience and come highly recommended, as is the case with our panel firms.
Once you have contacted us to make an initial inquiry about no-win no-fee compensation our experienced team will check our third-party panel solicitors will be able to help you.
The funding of the case and charges that apply will be addressed by solicitors at the very start and before you have formally instructed them.
Typically, in no-win no-fee clients pay between 15% and 36% of the amount that is recovered. This can vary and may be more or less e.g. some firms may charge 36%, others may charge 15%, and others may operate a sliding scale based upon the way the case progresses. The solicitors need to consider various factors that they will explain to you when assessing the amount to be charged before you agree to instruct them. The amount charged will be subject to your individual circumstances and the actual fee may be more or less than those stated. A termination fee may be charged if you cancel outside the 14-day cooling-off period.
Panel solicitors of My Legal Club apply condition 1 namely:
“1. Commonly, No Win No Fee claims provide you with an opportunity to claim for compensation regardless of your financial position. They are most commonly referred to when discussing personal injury claims, but also include housing disrepair claims, financial mis-selling claims, and other areas of civil law such as employment claims .”
All of the My Legal Club panel solicitors can handle your claim on a no-win no-fee basis. If you are unsuccessful with your claim then you don’t have to pay a penny.
Since April 2013 anyone who claims for personal injury will be subject to the amendments made to the law including qualified one-way cost shifting. Our panel solicitors will explain all of this to you and explain why it reduces the risk of you being liable for any fees in the event that you lose your claim.
Not all personal injury claims can proceed by way of a Conditional Fee Agreement (where the solicitor is paid costs by the party to blame if the claim is successful). Where personal injury claims proceed on a Conditional Fee Agreement the Members of My Legal Club do not need to worry about legal fees or any deductions for solicitor costs if their claim is successful and they have told the truth and co-operated with the solicitor throughout.
If the claim, whether that be for personal injury or financial mis-selling etc, can not proceed by way of a Conditional Fee Agreement and an alternative agreement is required the solicitor will explain this to you at the very start and before you decide to make a claim. As an example it may be that that due to the government reforms your solicitor may not be able to able to recover any costs if they win your claim and as a result need to operate a different form of no-win no-fee agreement such as a contingency fee agreement, or Damages Based Agreement (DBA).
The solicitors will discuss and confirm the funding options available and all the terms and conditions at the very start and before you proceed to enable you to be fully informed and make a decision about whether you wish to proceed.
Solicitors will ask whether you have the benefit of a legal expense insurance policy (typically on car insurance, home insurance etc). If the answer is yes our solicitors will assess whether this policy will indemnify and protect you in the event of you pursuing a personal injury claim and that claim either being unsuccessful and/or you potentially being exposed to any adverse costs or disbursements/expenses incurred.
In the event that you do not have the benefit of a legal expense insurance policy as per the above, the panel solicitors of My Legal Club may put in place an ‘After the Event’ insurance policy which will protect you from disbursements/expenses incurred in the event of you losing your claim.
This is of course subject to your adherence to their policy terms and conditions.
The cost of the after the event insurance policy will be discussed with you by our panel solicitor and if you agree to proceeding with your claim will result in the cost of the policy only being deducted from your compensation if you are successful.
There is no charge applied for the policy if you are unsuccessful and you have adhered to the terms and conditions of the policy.
This is how the claim is "No Win No Fee" and why you will not incur any adverse costs or disbursements/expenses in the event of a failed claim. There is no up front charge applied for the after the event insurance policy and also no charge if you are unsuccessful and you have adhered to the terms and conditions of the policy.
A cancellation fee will often be incurred if you cancel a claim with the solicitor outside the cooling off period. In addition, if you exaggerate, lie or deceive then you are likely to incur a charge from the solicitor.
"We contacted My Legal Club to get some legal advice and they were super responsive, very professional and they explained everything really well. I would highly recommend My Legal Club to others."
"Great service, made moving house really easy and super stress-free. They are so helpful, nothing is ever a problem, any issues or assistance you need with regards to the conveyancing process, these guys are here for you, to check and chase up any issues with solicitors to make the process as stress-free as possible!"
"1st class experience with Sean. Punctual, clear, and precise and nothing is a problem. Would thoroughly recommend."
Get In Touch
Here at My Legal Club, we strive in bringing high-quality service to all clients via our highly specialist third-party solicitor panel.
Get in touch via the below contact us form and please check your inbox and spam folders for emails from email@example.com.