Welcome to our website. If you continue to browse and use this website, you are agreeing to comply with and be bound
you in relation to this website. If you disagree with any part of these terms and conditions, please do not continue to use our website.
The term My Legal Club (MLC) or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website. We are authorised and regulated by
the Financial Conduct Authority (FRN834278) and registered office: First Floor 20 Chapel Street Liverpool L3 9AG.
The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- By accessing this website, we assume you accept these terms and conditions in full. If you do not then please do not continue to use My Legal Club Limited’s website
- Unless otherwise stated, My Legal Club Limited and/or it’s licensors own the intellectual property rights for all material on My Legal Club Limited.
- All intellectual property rights are reserved.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited
to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with
the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are
acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your
convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no
responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of
England and Wales.
- We are authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) for claims management activities. The FCA is a regulated professional body. We can be identified on the
register by our registration number FRN834278. The professional conduct rules and regulations can be found at https://www.fca.org.uk/
- To be eligible and/or enter into and form a contract with us, you must be 18 years of age or over.
Vulnerable Persons Policy
We aim to identify those clients who may be at risk of being vulnerable by virtue of their age, disability or circumstance. This Policy is written as our commitment to such clients.
- It is important to us that we are able to identify clients who may be vulnerable and we are committed to training all our team to identify key indicators such as age, disability or clients who find themselves in a particularly stressful situation where their judgment may be impaired or they may be vulnerable to influence or exploitation.
- We aim to treat older clients, their families, and representatives, with additional consideration, by being both sympathetic and sensitive to any issues they may have. We also aim to ensure that our team also treats such clients with dignity, kindness, and respect at all times.
- Where a client prefers to communicate with us with another person present (via email as an example), we will strive to facilitate this request subject to GDPR compliance e.g. that person specifying in writing whom we should be liaising with. We will require that person’s full name and relationship to the client, and where such a person is an Attorney or Court of Protection Deputy we will ask to see evidence of this. However, we will always strive to ensure that our client understands and feels at ease if they are alone with us.
- Where English is not the first language of our client or has difficulty hearing or with sight, we suggest that an appropriate independent interpreter assists, or a person that our client trusts to help the client understand what is being discussed. We will be mindful of any other limitations such as mobility or capacity and provide every support to enable our client to communicate and feel comfortable in providing their instructions. We can provide large print, Braille or sign writing facilities as necessary.
- We will use plain English and where legal terminology has to be used we will ensure that our client understands and will not proceed until we are sure of this.
- We are an online business but should any face to face meetings be required we shall ensure we have disabled access with disabled parking and toilet facilities.
- We are aware that many of our older clients are computer literate and will feel comfortable communicating via email, but we will never insist on this form of communication and will make our older clients feel at ease by sending letters by post if this is preferred and we are happy to send duplicate correspondence to a family or trusted support provided that such authority is provided by the client.
- We will always act in the client’s best interests and where we have concerns as to vulnerability, capacity, coercion or undue influence we will do our best to seek our client’s permission to refer him/her if necessary for a further professional opinion.
Reservation of Rights
- We reserve the right at any time and in its sole discretion to request that you remove all links or any link to
our Web site. You agree to immediately remove all links to our Web site upon such request. We also reserve the
right to amend these terms and conditions and its linking policy at any time. By continuing to link to our Web
site, you agree to be bound to and abide by these linking terms and conditions.
Removal of links from our website
- If you find any link on our Web site or any linked web site objectionable for any reason, you may contact us
about this. We will consider requests to remove links but will have no obligation to do so or to respond
directly to you. Whilst we endeavour to ensure that the information on this website is correct, we do not
warrant its completeness or accuracy; nor do we commit to ensuring that the website remains available or that
the material on the website is kept up to date.
We are a claims management company and not a firm of solicitors. We do not provide any legal advice.
We carefully select solicitors to join our panel whom we believe have the accreditations and/or, expertise, reputation, and customer service record to allow us to provide an introductory service.
If you use our service you are under no obligation to use one of our panel solicitors.
The solicitors will explain to you all your funding options in respect of the legal services you require support with, e.g. legal aid, legal expense insurance, no win no fee etc.
You are under no obligation to proceed and will receive a quote/response from the solicitors to consider.
All our solicitors have signed agreements with us confirming their commitment to honouring the offers to members and non-members.
We are not involved in the discussions you have with the solicitor. We will contact you for feedback on how maters progressed, and of course, if there are any issues we would encourage you to get in touch with us. However, once we have introduced you to the solicitor, or you use the legal online document library, we are not responsible for the services provided by them. They have their own service terms and professional indemnity insurance in place. We, therefore, have no liability relating to your experiences with the solicitors and/or legal document library. Whilst our aim is to attempt to provide our clients with a better service and offer than going to the same solicitor directly we can not guarantee this.
There is further information on no win no fee here: https://mylegalclub.co.uk/compliance/no-win-no-fee/
If alternative funding options are not available you will be responsible for your legal costs and expenses you agree with the solicitor.
My Legal Club is not liable for any of the information and content included on www.mylegalclub.co.uk any trading styles websites, social media pages, emails, replies to emails, calls, newsletters or blogs. Every effort is made to ensure the content is accurate and we will do our best to amend any content which is out of date, inaccurate or misleading as soon as possible once we have become aware of the same. We do not accept any liability for any content which is out of date, inaccurate or misleading. None of our content or responses constitutes legal advice and we are not a solicitor’s practice. The information and content are purely for illustration and independent legal advice should always be taken before any action, or inaction, which could have any legal consequences and no liability will attach to My Legal Club as a result.
When you need to access legal information, support, resources or advice via our email support service it is important to note the following:
1) Email support via email@example.com – our aim is to respond to all emails as quickly as possible. Our intention is to respond to every email within 4-working hours of receipt, but this will not always be possible.
2) Legal advice and consultations with solicitors – if the information provided by us, and/or the resources available via the legal document libraries, does not provide the solution to your needs and/or the request made by you require formal legal advice we will introduce you to our panel of specialist solicitors subject to us assessing that the request meets the criteria agreed with the solicitors for a free initial consultation.
3) In personal injury matters, we do not seek or receive any referral fee from our solicitors. In non-personal injury matters, e.g. probate, conveyancing, family law, etc we have bespoke agreements with solicitors which are either marketing fees payable up-front or case by case referral fees paid upon receipt of funds on a case by case basis. All agreements are in writing between us and the solicitors and the solicitors also declare the relationship and sums involved to the client prior to the signing of any terms of business between the solicitor and client in accordance with the SRA regulations imposed upon the solicitors. By using our website, requesting a quote, and/or instructing one of our solicitors via My Legal Club you accept and acknowledge that we will receive a fee from the solicitors.
Conveyancing services & special offers unique to conveyancing:
From time to time we will run promotional offers in respect of conveyancing, not limited to but including, remortgage, transfer of equity, purchase, sale, purchase, and sale transactions where legal services are required. We also provide conveyancing panel management services to estate agents and mortgage brokers. This enables mortgage brokers and estate agents to request quotes on their client’s behalf and requests a solicitor to contact the client with full consent provided. Any such offers and promotions will be advertised via our website and social media channels. Separate terms apply to the rewards and benefits available to qualifying conveyancing clients. Any discounts, benefits, rewards, etc are at our discretion.
Where a client contacts us directly we will assess their status with us e.g. non-member, existing member, or free member. We run different promotions and special offers for each client limited to conveyancing services only. Separate terms attach to each status and benefit received which is made available to the client in the welcome email. When clients, and/or their mortgage brokers/estate agents, request a quote from our solicitor’s which results in the client signing up with one of our nominated solicitors then the client will automatically receive certain rewards and benefits. The client is available to opt-out or cancel at any time of the free membership and rewards. Where a client contacts us directly (e.g. not via a third-party such as mortgage broker or estate agent) and signs up with our nominated solicitor the following benefits will apply i) a non-member will receive a free membership ii) a paying and existing member will receive a discount on the charges we raise with the solicitor reducing their quote as a result when compared to our usual charges and they will receive a membership upgrade to a free membership iii) a free member providing us with repeat business will receive a discount on the charges we raise with the solicitor reducing their quote as a result when compared to our usual charges. If an existing member contacts us via a third-party we can not guarantee the provision of these benefits and features. We receive a fee from the solicitors which is confirmed within the client care letter and terms of business issued by the solicitor. If a third-party is using our conveyancing panel management software (e.g. a mortgage broker or estate agent) they have the ability to request a referral fee within the software for as long as government regulations allow such parties to do so. This fee will be included within the fee payable by the solicitor to us and again will be stated by the solicitor within their terms of business as per the SRA Regulations imposed upon them.
Any client requiring legal services is entitled to choose any solicitor they wish in the market. When a client requests a quote via us, directly or indirectly, My Legal Club will choose the solicitor on the client’s behalf from our panel solicitors who have all signed terms of business with us.