Train Delay Claims
Committed to our Clients
My Legal Club is committed to providing great service to our clients. You do not have to be a member to access our highly recommended specialist solicitors.
My Legal Club provides industry-leading 5-star legal services to individuals and businesses across all areas of law.
Anytime you, your family, or your business require legal support get in touch with us for FREE legal advice and no-obligation quotes from cherry-picked solicitors.
Train Delay Claims
Check your train company’s website to find out if they offer Delay Repay (they might call it ‘delay compensation’). You’re legally entitled to compensation of 50% of your ticket price if you get to your destination between 30 minutes and an hour late, or a full refund if you arrive more than 1 hour late.
You’re entitled to compensation for any delay or cancellation that causes you to arrive 15 minutes or more behind schedule, except where delays have been caused by planned engineering works.
How much might I receive?
Season ticket holders (weekly or longer)
To calculate the compensation value of each journey, usually the train company will divide the cost of your season ticket by 464; other period tickets are calculated pro-rata on the same basis. You will need to check the website of the train company you travelled with to be certain.
- an annual season ticket covers 464 single journeys
- a six-monthly season ticket covers 240 single journeys
- a quarterly season ticket covers 120 single journeys
- a monthly season ticket covers 40 single journeys
- a weekly season ticket covers 10 single journeys
If you’re delayed by:
- 15-29 minutes you’re entitled to 25% of the cost of a single journey
- 30-59 minutes you’re entitled to 50% of the cost of a single journey
- 60-119 minutes you’re entitled to 100% of the cost of a single journey
- 120+ minutes you’re entitled to 100% of the cost of a return journey (a full day’s travel)
Day ticket holders
If you’re delayed by:
- 15-29 minutes you’re entitled to at least 25% of the single fare paid, or if you bought a return ticket at least 25% of the fare paid for the affected portion
- 30-59 minutes you’re entitled to at least 50% of the single fare paid, or for a return ticket at least 50% of the fare paid for the affected portion
- 60-119 minutes you’re entitled to 100% of the single fare paid, or for a return ticket at least 50% of the fare paid
- 120+ minutes you’re entitled to 100% of the cost of the fare paid whether it was for a single or return journey
Can I do the claim myself?
You need to apply for compensation online or by post within 28 days of your delayed journey. You will usually receive a response within 20 working days.
Visit the train company website and complete the online, or printed form. You’ll need proof of travel.
Valid proof of travel depends on what type of ticket you have.
We're here & happy to help
Below you will find some of our most commonly asked questions. Simply click or tap the question to view the answer. For anything else you can contact one of the team by emailing email@example.com.
What does My Legal Club do?
We are a one-stop-shop for all areas of law for you, your family, and your business.
My Legal Club was founded by an experienced solicitor so you can be certain we have cherry-picked the most highly recommended solicitors to help you. Our panel solicitors have the experience and expertise to help whenever you need legal advice and support. They have agreed to the highest standards of customer care and support ensuring My Legal Club clients receive the very highest standards of service.
If you need legal advice or support we can help you!
Why should I instruct a solicitor via My Legal Club?
On 8th March 2019 we launched a twitter poll asking participants what their biggest consideration was when selecting a solicitor. Over 90% of participants in the poll voted in favour of a recommendation / recommended solicitor.
Who is qualified to recommend a solicitor firm? How do you know they have the expertise and ability to provide you with the best service possible at a great price?
The Management team at My Legal Club works within the legal services industry. We have cherry-picked the law firms across the country that we feel provide the levels of service that we would want if we needed help in that area.
My Legal Club ensures that the law firms have the correct accreditation’s and insurance in place to ensure your case is secure in their hands.
My Legal Club has a strict level service agreement and standards of customer service that must be upheld by their panel firms to ensure that their standards remain as high as possible and you receive the level of care and support you deserve.
All our member firms are solicitors of England and Wales and authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. The Authority’s rules can be accessed via their website.
Any solicitor we refer you to is an independent professional, from whom you will receive impartial and confidential advice. You are free to choose another solicitor if you so choose but we would, of course, welcome feedback as to why.
Is My Legal Club a solicitors firm?
No. My Legal Club is not a solicitors practice. We are regulated as a claims management company and we are authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). Full details are contained within our footer.
Does using My Legal Club cost me anything?
If you contact us wanting assistance with a legal query via our panel solicitors then My Legal Club does not take any money from you. We put you in touch with our highly recommended solicitors. When you speak with the solicitor they will then explain what they can, or can't, do to help and quote for any work you want them to perform.
Is my data secure? Will anyone (such as my employer) know that I have contacted you?
My Legal Club handles your data and your inquiry with extreme sensitivity. All the panel member law firms are required to ensure confidentiality and respect your privacy. Further information is located on our site regarding privacy and your data.
Your inquiry will be forwarded to the appropriate solicitor with the request to contact you via your preferred method of contact at your preferred date and time.
How do I pass on any feedback or raise a complaint?
If the Complaint is in respect of any additional benefit with a third-party company we will forward your email to our commercial partner who operates the scheme and they will handle your complaint in accordance with the terms and conditions you agreed to when you first use their site. It is then for them to liaise with you directly in respect of your complaint or query.
Do you have a vulnerable person policy?
We aim to identify those clients who may be at risk of being vulnerable by virtue of their age, disability or circumstance. This Policy is written as our commitment to such clients.
- It is important to us that we are able to identify clients who may be vulnerable and we are committed to training all our team to identify key indicators such as age, disability or clients who find themselves in a particularly stressful situation where their judgment may be impaired or they may be vulnerable to influence or exploitation.
- We aim to treat older clients, their families, and representatives, with additional consideration, by being both sympathetic and sensitive to any issues they may have. We also aim to ensure that our team also treats such clients with dignity, kindness, and respect at all times.
- Where a client prefers to communicate with us with another person present (via email as an example), we will strive to facilitate this request subject to GDPR compliance e.g. that person specifying in writing whom we should be liaising with. We will require that person’s full name and relationship to the client, and where such a person is an Attorney or Court of Protection Deputy we will ask to see evidence of this. However, we will always strive to ensure that our client understands and feels at ease if they are alone with us.
- Where English is not the first language of our client or has difficulty hearing or with sight, we suggest that an appropriate independent interpreter assists, or a person that our client trusts to help the client understand what is being discussed. We will be mindful of any other limitations such as mobility or capacity and provide every support to enable our client to communicate and feel comfortable in providing their instructions. We can provide large print, Braille or sign writing facilities as necessary.
- We will use plain English and where legal terminology has to be used we will ensure that our client understands and will not proceed until we are sure of this.
- We are an online business but should any face to face meetings be required we shall ensure we have disabled access with disabled parking and toilet facilities.
- We are obliged to verify the identification of all our clients but are mindful that some of our older clients do not have valid passports or driving licenses and will adapt our procedures to accommodate such clients when necessary provided that this does not compromise our own money laundering requirements. The ID will be required for any solicitor, Deputy or other agents for our client.
- We are aware that many of our older clients are computer literate and will feel comfortable communicating via email, but we will never insist on this form of communication and will make our older clients feel at ease by sending letters by post if this is preferred and we are happy to send duplicate correspondence to a family or trusted support provided that such authority is provided by the client.
- We will always act in the client’s best interests and where we have concerns as to vulnerability, capacity, coercion or undue influence we will do our best to seek our client’s permission to refer him/her if necessary for a further professional opinion.
"We contacted My Legal Club to get some legal advice and they were super responsive, very professional and they explained everything really well. I would highly recommend My Legal Club to others."
"I used My Legal Club following a car accident and they recovered compensation for me and saved me a lot in legal fees. The solicitor was excellent and they were a great help throughout. I would recommend them and certainly use them again!"
"1st class experience with Sean. Punctual, clear, and precise and nothing is a problem. Would thoroughly recommend."
Get In Touch
Here at My Legal Club, we strive in bringing high-quality service to all our clients with our professional legal services.
Get in touch via the below contact us form and please check your inbox and spam folders for emails from firstname.lastname@example.org.