We / Us = My Legal Club Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FRN834278) and registered office: First Floor 20 Chapel Street Liverpool L3 9AG / Telephone number 01517059355
You / I = The Customer
Would you prefer this information in large print, on disk, or in Braille? email email@example.com or information about the accessibility of our products and services.
Terms & Conditions
A message sent to us requesting more information or submitting a legal advice query
The General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 incorporated in English Law via the Data Protection Act
“Length of Contract”
The contract for a premium member paying a subscription fee to us is for a minimum term of 12 months and then operates with a 3-month cancellation notice period
12 months from date of sign up to the Subscription (including any Free Trial Period offered)
“My Legal Club”
The website and business operated by My Legal Club Limited and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA)
A Solicitor selected by My Legal Club and one which has signed our panel solicitor agreement
A Premium Member of My Legal Club whom is paying for a subscription each month
A visitor to the My Legal Club website www.mylegalclub.co.uk
My Legal Club are not liable for any of the information and content included on www.mylegalclub.co.uk any trading styles, social media pages, newsletters or blogs. Every effort is made to ensure the content is accurate and we will amend any content which is out of date, inaccurate or misleading as soon as possible once we have become aware of the same. None of our content constitutes legal advice and we are not a solicitor’s practice. The information and content are purely for illustration and independent legal advice should always be taken before any action, or inaction, which could have any legal consequences.
Background & Summary of the Benefits & Free Trial Period
A) Free Trial Membership Benefits:
- Limited FREE access to certain documents within our business and employment interactive legal libraries, namely:
Business Library Trial:
- Letter before action for an outstanding invoice
- Mutual non-disclosure agreement
Employment Library Trial:
- Employee disciplinary meeting letter
- Fire risk assessment – record of significant findings
- Fire risk review checklist
- Health and safety compliance review and policy creator
- Risk assessment for young person on work experience
- 10%-20% savings on solicitor fees via our highly recommended specialist panel solicitors
- 30% savings with specialist financial, business and performance consultants www.jandjlegal.co.uk
The full range of benefits are provided to you and the employees upon your free trial expiring and your first payment being received.
B) Full Membership Benefits:
- Unlimited access to our business and employment interactive legal libraries.
- 10%-20% savings on solicitor fees via our highly recommended specialist panel solicitors
- 30% savings with specialist financial, business and performance consultants J & J Legal Consulting
- Fantastic discounts with highly recommended forensic accountants, EL/PL insurers, PII, and many others upon request
- Your employees receive the benefits listed below.
- Free online will
2-month limitation period from date of company sign up
- Free dash-cam & accident detection app “4Sight”
- Free Club Individual gift card and app for savings and discounts in leading UK restaurants
- Discounts on all legal fees with our highly recommended specialist solicitors
- A 15% discount on all other legal documents in our online legal library
- Free online Lasting Power of Attorney for Health & Welfare
1-month limitation from date of company sign up
C) Next Steps:
- If you have been offered a free trial period you will receive a thank you email providing:
- The link to our online legal document library
- The 100% discount code to apply to the applicable documents
- Where to email us with any legal enquiries you require our solicitors to review
- The method of securing your discount with J & J Legal Consulting
- When your free trial period expires, and your membership is fully activated you will receive two emails:
- Confirmation of your unique discount code for unlimited access to all documents in the business and employment libraries, along with further details of the benefits and offers
- Employee email to circulate to your staff explaining how they access their benefits under the company subscription
D) Pricing, length of term and free trial periods:
Free trial periods may be offered, at the discretion of My Legal Club, to a company whom express an interest in our services. You can only benefit from one free trial period. You cannot cancel and then sign up to additional free trial offers. You will only be entitled to one free trial per 12 months.
When you sign up you will be asked to review, and if happy agree our Terms and Conditions, and as you proceed to then provide your payment details via GoCardless. Payment is deferred for 14 days. If you cancel within the trial period/within 14 days no payment shall be taken by GoCardless. We do not control the date upon which payments are taken. We do not hold any banking or card information or participate in the transfer of information between any person and GoCardless as these details are confirmed directly to GoCardless during our signing up process.
The subscription has a 12-month minimum term once the free trial period has expired.
The agreement will auto-renew after 12 months and a 3-month notice period will apply thereafter.
Further details regarding cancellation and notice periods are included within these Terms and Conditions.
Our prices are dictated by the number of employees in the business.
(exclusive of VAT)
|150 – 199||£795|
|200 – 299||£895|
|300 – 499||£995|
|500 +||Bespoke Quote|
Further information is enclosed at Section 5 “Payments”
E) Opt In
When you agree the terms and conditions you agree to us passing on your details via an email introduction to our commercial partners whom offer discounts to you, and 4Sight the dash-cam company to enable your employees to contact 4Sight if they wish to receive the dash-cam.
We will not knowingly introduce your employees to our solicitors to pursue an action against you. If we are aware, by the employee, or by you, that the person has located a solicitor via a direct introduction by us we will notify the panel solicitor accordingly. Your employees are entitled to instruct a solicitor of their choice and if they select a solicitor of their own choice there is nothing we can do other than assist you with the defence of any such action via our panel solicitors.
We arrange benefits from third parties on behalf of our members and to form part of the My Legal Club membership.
There are separate terms and conditions which apply to these third parties, e.g. 4Sight (the dash-cam and accident detection app), solicitors, the legal document library, etc.
We cannot guarantee the provision, availability, quality, execution of services from third parties. We will not offer any reduction in our membership periods, refunds, discounts or service any cancellations where a third-party benefit previously associated with the membership has been cancelled or withdrawn.
The discounts offered by our panel solicitors are also subject to change and government reform.
To the extent permitted by law, we hereby exclude, any liability for the services, availability, performance, execution, conduct relating to any third party and/or the content on our website:
- all conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity.
- any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any customer in connection with our site or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of our site, any services or websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, including:
- loss of income or revenue or profits or opportunity
- loss of data
- loss of goodwill
- wasted time, even if foreseeable, provided that this condition shall not prevent claims for loss of or damage to your tangible property or any other claims for direct financial loss that are not excluded by any of the categories set out above.
- This does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, nor our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or reduced under applicable law.
G) How the benefits operate for the employees:
We do not contract with your employees as this is a company subscription, therefore your employees will abide by the below terms and conditions which will be explained to them in our welcome email.
Dash-Cam / Accident Detection App with 4Sight
We will forward their details to 4Sight via email. 4Sight will then contact them directly to advise on how they can sign up to their service free of charge by way of you being a member of My Legal Club.
We make no guarantees or commitment to the time period it takes this process to complete and we endeavour to assist providing access to 4Sight as quickly as possible.
4Sight will not work without an appropriate mount being present in their car. We do not provide this mount and there are many of options for your employees to review and purchase. One such mount is provided by 4Sight here https://www.get4sight.co.uk/
Online Legal Document Library – Will and Lasting Power of Attorney
In our thank you email we will provide the unique discount code for the online will. It is vital that the employee research carefully what will best suit their circumstances. It may be that a solicitor is best placed to advise them. The Government have provided a free to access guide in respect of this here: https://www.gov.uk/make-will
In the event they wish to proceed with a free online will they will need to follow the instructions and purchase the relevant online will on our legal document library. This can be accessed via the My Legal Club website. Upon checkout they enter the discount code and complete the document via a question and answer interactive session. This discount code can only be used once.
The discount code for the Lasting Power of Attorney for Health and Welfare will be provided via email”.
H) Ending the Free Trial Period
- The paid monthly membership will trigger automatically upon the expiry of the free trial period.
To cancel please confirm your name, company name, email, address and:
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or:
Write to us at 1st Floor 20 Chapel Street Liverpool L3 9AG or:
Complete our cancellation form at the bottom of these terms and conditions and a link will be provided to this in your welcome email.
Call us on 01517059355
- Users, understand and accept, that My Legal Club can only assist with legal services enquiries in respect of England & Wales. Users from locations outside of England & Wales do so of their own accord and at their own risk. No refunds will be made for users outside of England & Wales.
I) Payments to us by solicitors or third parties
We may receive payment from third parties for the passing of leads (i.e. by passing your details to third parties and/or passing third parties’ details to you). We will never do this unless you have contacted us in first instance. If you join as a member and agree these terms and conditions, and/or contact us, you accept, acknowledge and understand the above. If you require further information in respect of this, and/or more detail regarding any fees paid to us, please do not hesitate to get in touch.
J) 30-day money back guarantee – Terms & Conditions
We work hard to provide the best products we can and want you to have complete satisfaction with your My Legal Club experience. Notify us within 30 days of signing up to one of our subscription services and we’ll refund up to a 30-day supply of your product no questions asked.
The 30-day period includes any free trial period offered.
This means, as an example, if you sign up and receive a 14-day free trial you will be charged at the expiry of the 14-day free trial period. You will then have the balance of 30 days, in this example 16 days, to claim a refund using the money back guarantee offer.
If your free trial is over 30 days, then this offer does not apply.
The 30-day money back guarantee is not from the date of money leaving your account. The 30 days commence from the date you sign up to our service and enter your bank details in our checkout pages.
You may request a refund for any reason on your first subscription. This means you can NOT sign up, cancel and then sign up again and receive the same offer.
You must contact us by email at email@example.com before the end of the 30th day from when you placed your original order.
The Moneyback offer is only available once per person, household, email address, payment method or IP address.
You are not eligible if you have requested a refund previously.
Refunds will be provided within 14 working days (often much more quickly).
You understand and agree to the following.
1 What this agreement covers – This agreement covers the use of My Legal Club, www.mylegalclub.co.uk , the online legal document library, any social media channels, trading styles of My Legal Club, any blogs/newsletters and the Paying Membership and any legal enquiries that are forwarded to My Legal Club. The Agreement does not relate to any agreement between you and a panel solicitor or other third party.
2 How this agreement is made up –This agreement is made up of the following parts, each of which you must keep to.
a the subscription price plans, extra services and minimum length of contract of 12 months;
b the price plan charges as per these terms and conditions. The price of the subscription charges is confirmed within these terms and conditions and during your checkout process.
3 Length of this agreement – This agreement will start when you complete the checkout journey on My Legal Club website or App. One of the ways that My Legal Club may end this agreement is by giving the member 30 days’ written notice. The member may also end the agreement by giving My Legal Club 3 months written notice after the expiry of a minimum period (12-month term). The other reasons for this agreement coming to an end are shown in clause 9 of these conditions.
4 Charges –You agree to pay all charges due under this agreement. All these charges are parts of the price you must pay for the package of services you receive from us. Payment is to be made via the collection mechanism on the My Legal Club website. Failure to complete these details correctly leading to a failure to pay My Legal Club will lead to the membership failing to register with My Legal Club or a debt being due to My Legal Club for unpaid fees in the event that the membership is approved and completed without payment being received. If this agreement ends before the end of the minimum period (whether by us or you), you must still pay all charges until the end of the minimum period. This applies when this agreement comes to an end in clause 9, except in the following situations.
• Either of us end this agreement under clause 9a.
• If you end this agreement under clause 9b.
• If we end this agreement because we are permanently unable to provide the services to you.
In these three situations you do not have to pay all charges until the end of the minimum period. Any legal charges by panel solicitors and/or legal document charges are not dealt with under this agreement as they are dealt with directly by the third party involved e.g. the solicitor.
5 Charges – the monthly/annual fee is that which is confirmed on our website (www.mylegalclub.co.uk ) at the point of sale and confirmed in the checkout section when you complete your bank details for a monthly payment plan or annual subscription.
6 Other – You are over 18 years of age and you understand that this agreement. You confirm that you are a resident of England & Wales OR you are aware that many of the benefits will not be available to you outside of England & Wales but wish to proceed in any event. You agree that we may use your personal information as described in clauses 13 / 14, within the Privacy and GDPR statement attached to this Agreement.
Pay monthly conditions
1 Terminology explained
We, our or us – My Legal Club Limited.
You or your – the customer whose name appears on the checkout page / welcome email.
Agreement – these conditions, the charges and terms and conditions.
Charges – charges for services. These include the monthly charges (paid for a month in advance unless we say otherwise). Any payments for legal documents or any other items on the site will be paid for at the time of purchase and are not included within the membership unless otherwise stated/amended.
Minimum period is 12-month minimum contract which then auto-renews subject to Clause 9.
Price plan changes will be made in writing and we reserve the right to increase subscriptions with 30 days written notice.
Services – the ability to contact My Legal Club through the site or social media channels to seek legal advice from a panel solicitor.
2 Your agreement period
a We’ll continue to supply you with, and you must pay the charges for, the services until we or you end this agreement in line with clause 9.
b If this agreement ends before the end of the minimum period (whether by you or us), you must still pay all charges until the end of the minimum period. This applies when this agreement comes to an end in clause 9, except if:
• we end this agreement under clause 9a; or
• you end this agreement under clause 9b; or
• we end this agreement because we are permanently unable to provide the services to you.
a We will try to give you the services when you want them but from time to time the site will be down for upgrades, repairs, or due to forces beyond our control. The Legal Document page is owned by Epoq Legal Limited using their trading style “Direct Law”. We accept no liability nor responsibility for the availability of the site, the content and quality of the legal documents themselves and any liability and/or action relating to the legal documents will need to be taken directly against the third party and / or their professional indemnity insurers. Any benefits received from third parties cannot be guaranteed. Any issues in respect of these third-party services need to be directed to the relevant third party. No refunds, liability or responsibility is, or shall be, accepted by us for any downtime, failure or losses suffered as a result of these third-party services.
b Whilst Solicitors who have become panel members of My Legal Club have signed our Service Level Agreement and confirmed they have the relevant qualifications and accreditation’s in each area of law in which they receive legal enquiries no guarantee, promises or liability can be accepted by us in respect of the performance, content, conduct and/or continuance of any Solicitor on our panel. Again, any disputes can be raised via the Solicitor directly or via us and the Solicitor and/or their Professional Indemnity Insurer will respond to all complaints and disputes whilst you may also pursue the matter via the Legal Ombudsman if you so wish.
4 Using our services – the rules
a It’s your responsibility to make sure you keep to this agreement, and you follow our instructions on using our services.
b You must never use our services for anything we would consider is abusive, illegal, fraudulent, or a nuisance. Also, you must never use them for any criminal activities.
c You’re not allowed to allow anyone to use or sell all or any part of our services to anyone else. You cannot share any discount codes for multiple use.
d We’ve allocated you a username and password for our services and membership. This is unique to you and not to be used by other persons.
e we are not responsible nor liable for the conduct, actions, charges or performance of the legal document service, the panel solicitors nor any third party offer we have on the site. Every effort is made to perform due diligence on commercial partners and hold them to strict standards of performance and behaviour.
f your employees understand and accept and understand that in any area of financial mis-selling (not limited to but including pay day loans, SIPP’s, investment loss, mortgage breach, Consumer Credit Act) you are able to claim, without any fee being charged, against the regulated party directly AND if necessary via the appropriate Statutory Ombudsman or Statutory Compensation Scheme, e.g. The Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) https://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/ and where appropriate The Pension Ombudsman https://www.pensions-ombudsman.org.uk/ or the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) https://www.fscs.org.uk/ – There is no reason why you would achieve a different/better result by instructing a solicitor or claims management company. If you choose to instruct us to assist you with a financial mis-selling claim you confirm that you accept and understand the above.
g you can only benefit from one free trial period. You can not cancel and then sign up to additional free trial offers. You will only be entitled to one free trial per 12 months.
a You must pay any charges, by direct debit or standing order, in line with the payment plan you have selected when you signed up (e.g. monthly or annual). Our website uses Go Cardless for payments and we store no bank account details or card details. We do not accept any other forms of payment.
b If you owe us any money, and you do not have valid reasons for disputing the payment, we may charge you interest. We charge interest daily at the rate of 2% above the base rate of Barclays Bank each year. We may also charge you reasonable administration costs as a result of you paying your subscription late or failing to pay it.
c Reductions in the number of employees, leading to you falling into a lower price band, will not result in a reduction in a reduction in the subscription charges until the end of your minimum term. If you are outside the minimum term and the number of employees reduces we will require one month’s written notice before effecting a change in subscription.
d Increases in the number of employees, which results in you falling into a greater price band, will result in your subscription being increased the following month.
6 Changing charges and terms (not including increases to the number of employees as per 5 above)
a We may occasionally change or introduce new charges. If we believe any change in our charges will not disadvantage you, we may include it without telling you. However, if we increase our charges within the standard pricing table, we’ll give you at least 30 days’ notice and you will have the same period of notice to cancel if you do not agree with any price increases. If we increase your charges, as per section 5 above, due to an increase in the number of employees resulting in you going into a higher price bracket, then we are entitled to increase the subscription for the following month.
b We may change or withdraw services at any time, and we may change or introduce new terms to this agreement at any time. If these changes are to your significant disadvantage, other than those listed in Section 5 above, you may have a right to end this agreement under clause 9b and we’ll tell you if you do.
c We may need to change your username or password. We will let you know if this is the case.
7 Suspending our services
a We can suspend or restrict your use of any of our services if:
• we believe our services are being used in a way we do not allow under this agreement;
• you have not kept to this agreement (for example, you fail to pay any charges when due);
• we believe that you have entered into this agreement fraudulently and/or you allow other people to use your username and password or you go into liquidation or an administration order is made, or a receiver is appointed over any of your assets;
• you do anything (or allow anything to be done) which we think may damage or affect the operation of our services; or
• the law or regulation is passed which means we need to do so.
b We will try to tell you when we suspend or restrict your use, but we do not have to.
c When we suspend or restrict your use, this agreement will continue, and you still must pay all charges due during any period when we suspend or restrict the service. As an example, we may need to upgrade the website and/or make amendments resulting in downtime.
8 No Credits if there is a failure of the service
a no refund or credits are available for loss of use of the site or services.
9 Ending this agreement
a You may end this agreement by giving 3 months’ notice in writing. Your notice must include your name, position in the company, company name and address from your authorised email account or be confirmed in writing with any appropriate security details. You must pay the charges during the notice period and will still be liable for any fees if you are either within the minimum term and/or in the notice period after the expiry of the minimum 12-month term.
b You may end this agreement by writing to us if:
• we don’t do something fundamental that we should have done under this agreement;
• we tell you that the subscription charges to the standard pricing table will increase, and you provide us with the relevant notice in writing for 30-day cancellation of your subscription (please note this excludes upgrading you to a higher subscription cost in the existing standard pricing table);
• we change this agreement to your significant disadvantage including changing or withdrawing services (we will tell you if this is the case) and you write to us within one month of us telling you about the change. This does not apply if the change or withdrawal relates to services which you can cancel without us ending this agreement and does not affect the minimum term.
c We may end this agreement with 30 days written notice at any time by writing to you if:
• you do anything (or allow anything to be done) which we think may damage or affect the operation of our business;
• within seven days of us asking you in writing, you do not do something fundamental that you must do under this agreement (for example, pay the charges when they are due); or
• we are permanently unable to provide the services to you.
d When this agreement comes to an end:
• we will cancel your membership
• you will have to pay immediately all charges you owe on the date we end your subscription; and
• you must still pay all the charges until the end of the minimum period. This applies when this ends in clause 9, except if:
o we ended this agreement under clause 9a; or
o you ended this agreement under clause 9b; or
o we ended this agreement because we were permanently unable to provide the services to you.
In these three situations you do not have to pay all charges until the end of the minimum period.
e If this agreement ends before the end of the minimum period, and you pay us the charges for the rest of the minimum period in one lump sum.
10 Liability and exclusions
a We are legally responsible to you if our negligence causes death or personal injury.
We will not be legally responsible to you for:
• loss of income or profits;
• loss of use of the services;
• lost business or missed opportunities; or
• any loss or damage that is not directly caused by us or which we could not reasonably expect at the time we entered into this agreement with you.
We will not be legally responsible to you if we cannot provide the services because of something outside of our reasonable control.
b Except for fraud or where our negligence causes death or personal injury, we will not pay more than £40.00 or 150% of the charges in the previous 12 months, whichever is higher, for each claim or a series of related claims.
c If you are a consumer, the terms of this agreement will not affect any rights which you may have under any law and which we cannot exclude under any agreement.
11 Personal information
a We and our group companies may use your information to:
• ensure you are receiving any services or benefits applicable from third parties, e.g. 4Sight the dash-cam company as an example, manage your account, carry out customer-care activities and train our staff, including monitoring calls, emails or text messages that you send us;
• monitor the quality and security of the site and test and maintain our IT systems;
• analyse your use of the services for marketing purposes, including, but not limited to, the pages of our site you look at and the services you purchase as well as your browsing history and use of our websites;
• contact you with marketing messages if you have not objected. These messages may include marketing from other organisations, but we will not pass responsibility of your information to these other organisations. If you do not want to receive marketing messages from us you shall be asked when you sign up to us as either a paying or non-paying member.
b For more details on how we use your information, please read the Privacy and GDPR statement at the end of this Agreement.
a We may transfer this agreement to anyone at any time. However, you can’t transfer this agreement to anyone unless we’ve agreed in writing beforehand. We will not unreasonably refuse this request.
b If you or we fail to enforce our rights under this agreement, it will not prevent you or us from taking further action.
c When you email us with a legal enquiry you are accepting that we shall pass that information on to as many of our panel solicitors as we so choose. If you purchase legal documents, contact any of our commercial partners offering special services or discounts you will be subject to their terms and conditions not those of My Legal Club. Members will be entitled to a discount from our panel solicitors on any legal work that is processed by them. Such discounts will change from time to time and the SLA (Service Level Agreement) we hold with the solicitors is included below under the heading SLA for paying members when dealing with panel solicitors. The amount discounted to members will be confirmed by the panel solicitor and is the responsibility of the panel solicitor to do so. My Legal Club cannot confirm that such discounts will be in place throughout the course of the membership or at the same values as they are subject to change.
d We’ll send you notices in accordance with your instructions and instructions when you join be it by post, text or other form of electronic message and will assume that you have received them 48 hours after we have sent them. We’ll send all written notices served by email to the address you have given. You must tell us about any changes to your email address. If you want to write or email us, please use the registered office address. You can then assume we have received these notices 48 hours after you have sent them.
e If you have a complaint, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will do our best to sort out your issues. If we cannot sort out the issue, you may ask that the matter is referred to an independent ombudsman under our Complaints Policy which is available on our website or by contacting us. You or we may bring legal proceedings in a court in the UK to sort out a dispute under this agreement. My Legal Club cannot guarantee nor control the legal advice or the success thereof in respect of any instructions granted to solicitors or lawyers. The information and content on our website, and additional channels, is provided by My Legal Club Limited and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Through this website you can link to other websites which are not under the control of My Legal Club Limited. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
My Legal Club Limited takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
f This agreement is under English law.
Contact us by
Post: My Legal Club Limited
Registered Office – 1st Floor 20 Chapel Street Liverpool L20 9AG
Company Number – 09750088
Telephone Number: 01517059355
Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FRN834278)
My Legal Club is a registered Trademark UK00002657924
Service Level Agreement with the Panel Solicitor
Service Levels to be complied with by the Solicitor whom is a panel member of My Legal Club (referred to below as the Firm – where the Provider is stated this refers to us and where Client is referred to this means you):
Upon receipt of an enquiry the Firm will:
- Contact the Client with an appropriately trained and qualified member of staff to explore the initial instructions and advise the Client accordingly;
- Accept responsibility for conduct of the matter;
- Advise the Client clearly and honestly;
- Engage the Client and provide them with the highest standards of customer service;
- Contact the Client at their preferred time and if unable to do so contact the client to alert them to this and to arrange another date and time within 48 hours of receipt of the enquiry unless the client requests a later date;
- No Client will have their initial appointment/telephone consultation delayed more than once unless it is the Client causing the delay;
- Ensure that the Client is advised as to whether their instructions will be accepted or not. The Firm shall within 24 hours of speaking with the Client email the Provider to confirm whether the instructions are accepted or rejected. If the instructions are rejected, then the reasons as to why must be confirmed in writing;
- Adhere to the Solicitors Code of Conduct and all relevant law and guidelines applicable to best practice and Solicitors;
- Act in the best interests of the Client.
- Update all Clients in writing at least once every 28 days;
- Respond to telephone calls and any other enquiries from the client within 2 working days of the enquiry;
- Advise the Provider of any complaints the Firm receive in respect of either parties conduct within 2 working days.
- Keep up to date the various accreditations required to be a panel member of the Provider for the duration of this term and alert the Provider within 2 working days of any change to this.
Privacy and GDPR Statement
We acknowledge and agree that any personal data appertaining to our client’s that the company handles will be processed in accordance with the applicable UK Data Protection laws in force and the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) which apply from 25th May 2018.
Information we collect
MLC collects personal data on certain areas of the Sites when members sign up to our services and register for MLC newsletters and alerts. The personal data collected varies across the Sites and may include information that you provide, such as your name, mailing address, e-mail address, telephone number, fax number, and background information required for us to provide services and ensure you receive a response to your legal services enquiry. For instance, by registering for MLC newsletters or alerts, you agree to receive the correspondence to which you have subscribed at the e-mail address that you provided at registration. Only MLC or its agents will contact you using this e-mail address. We will send e-mails to this address related to your registration.
We may also automatically collect information about the devices you use to interact with our Sites. The information we automatically collect may include IP address, device identifier, web browser, and browsing information collected through cookies, web beacons, pixels, clear gifs, and other similar technologies (collectively “Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies”) on our Sites. We may also automatically collect information about how you use the Sites, such as what you have searched for and viewed on the Sites. The information automatically collected will be associated with any personal data you have provided.
Use of information
Our Sites do not collect personal data about your online activities over time and across third party websites or online services. Therefore, “do not track” signals transmitted from web browsers do not apply to our Sites, and we do not alter any of our data collection and use practices upon receipt of such a signal.
We collect, use and are responsible for personal information about our client’s. When we do this, we are the ‘controller’ of this information for the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation 2018 and other applicable Data Protection Laws.
What do we do with this information?
Information collected by us
Information collected from other sources
We also expect to collect information from other sources:
- Funding and Insurance companies
- The Courts and Government Agencies
- Barrister’s Chambers and counsel
- Courier Services
- Costs Drafting Firms
- IT Support
How we use client’s personal information
We use client’s personal information to provide our services in our capacity and to act upon our client’s instructions.
Whether information must be provided by the client, and why?
The personal information as listed above must be provided by the client to the company, to enable us to act upon instructions. When we collect information from a client, the company will inform the client whether they are required to provide this information to the company.
Legal reasons we collect and use a client’s personal information
We shall process personal data as necessary to perform our contract for the relevant service with our client’s, to take steps at the client’s request before entering into it. To decide whether to enter the agreement or to manage and perform the indenture and to update the company records.
Who will we share a client’s personal information with?
We also may share your personal data with third party service providers who perform services and functions on our behalf to support our interactions with you, including, for example, solicitors to provide you with advice, or communicating with you. These third-party service providers are not permitted to use or disclose your personal data except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or to comply with legal requirements.
In addition, we may disclose information about you:
If we are required to do so by law or legal process;
To law enforcement authorities or other government officials;
When we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity;
If disclosure is necessary to protect the vital interests of a person;
To protect our property, services and legal rights;
To prevent fraud against MLC, our subsidiaries, affiliates and/or business partners;
To support auditing, compliance, and corporate governance functions; or
To comply with all applicable laws.
In addition, we may disclose or transfer your personal data in the event of a re-organisation, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, or other transfer or disposition of all or any portion of our business.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation, a client of ours have several important rights that can exercised free of charge. In summary, these rights are:
Transparency over how the company uses personal data and fair processing of that information;
Access to personal information and other supplementary information;
Require the company to correct any mistakes or complete missing information we hold on the client;
Require us to erase any personal information in certain circumstances;
Receive a copy of the personal information provided to the company by a client or have this information be sent to a third party, this will be provided to the client or the third party in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format;
Object at any time to processing of a client’s personal information for direct marketing;
Object in certain other situations to the continued processing of a client’s personal information;
Restrict our processing of a client’s personal information in certain circumstances;
Request not to be subject to automated decision making which produce legal effects that concern a client or affect a client in a significantly similar way.
Further information about rights under the GDPR can been seen in the Guidance from the Information Commissioners Office on Individual’s rights under the GDPR.
If a client wishes to exercise any of these rights, please:
- Email call our write to us at MLC
- Provide information so that we can identify you
- Let us have proof of your identity and address;
- State the right or rights that you wish to exercise.
We will respond to you within one month from when the company receive the request. Please note if you wish to unsubscribe from any email you can do so by sending an email to MLC with the subject “UNSUBSCRIBE”. It may take up to 30 days for this to become effective. Please make sure that you include ALL email addresses, phone numbers and addresses which you want unsubscribing.
How to make a complaint?
We hope that our Data Protection Officer can resolve any issues or complaints that arise. Please get in touch if you have any concerns (see ‘Get in touch’ below).
The General Data Protection Regulation also gives a client the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in the European Union (or European Economic Area) state where the client work, normally live or where the alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred. The UK supervisory authority if the Information Commissioner’s Office who can be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
The company take the security of personal information seriously. It has security measures in place to ensure that their paper and computer systems and databases are protected against unauthorized use, loss or damage.
Get in touch
If it would be helpful to have this notice provided in another format (for example: in another language, audio, braille) please contact us (see ‘Get in touch’ above).
Link to third-party sites
Notice of the Right to Cancel
If you wish to cancel during the free trial please email us at email@example.com
The paid monthly membership will trigger automatically upon the expiry of the free trial period.
Further details can be located within the terms and conditions agreed and provided to you during the sign-up process for the free trial period.
To cancel please confirm your name, email, address and date of birth and:
– Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or:
– Write to us at My Legal Club 1st Floor 20 Chapel Street Liverpool L3 9AG or:
– Complete our cancellation form www.mylegalclub.co.uk/cancellation
– Call us on 01517059355
Only complete sign and return this notice of cancellation form below if you wish to cancel the agreement
This only applies if you agree the Terms of Business:
(i) At your home, workplace or at someone else’s home; or
(ii) At our offices but following a visit by us (or by someone acting on our behalf) to
your home, workplace or someone else’s home; or
(iii) At our offices but following a meeting between us away from our offices.
You have the right to cancel this contract, without reason, if you wish and can do so by delivering,
sending (including electronic mail) a cancellation notice to the person mentioned below at any time
within 14 days starting with the day of receipt of this Notice.
The person to whom a cancellation notice may be given is Head of Complaints at My Legal Club Limited
at 1st Floor 20 Chapel Street Liverpool L3 9AG or via email email@example.com
Notice of cancellation is deemed to be served as soon as it is posted or sent to us.
You can use the cancellation form provided below if you wish.
Signed on behalf of My Legal Club Limited ……………………………
If you wish to cancel the contract, you can do so via phone, email, post or in person. You may use this form if you want to, but you do not have to.
(Complete, detach and return this form ONLY IF YOU WISH TO CANCEL THE CONTRACT)
Director of My Legal Club Limited
at 1st Floor 20 Chapel Street Liverpool L3 9AG
I hereby give notice that I wish to cancel my Agreement with your Business.
Name (please print): …………………………………………
Contact My Legal Club
Here at My Legal Club our panel solicitors strive in bringing high-quality service to all our customers with their professional legal services.
If you require any information or have any queries regarding our services please get in contact with the provided form or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org.