Holiday Pay

Our Holiday Pay Advice

What we offer..

Please find useful information here regarding our services.


The Panel Solicitors of My Legal Club have been carefully selected to ensure that they offer you expertise and exceptional customer service

Members of My Legal Club receive discounted prices from panel solicitors providing you with unique value for money when you require a solicitor

Become a My Legal Club member today!

Holiday Pay

What amount of paid holidays am I entitled to take?

Only people who are self employed or in the Armed Forces, Police or Civil Protection Services are not entitled to Statutory Holiday.

Statutory Holiday allows every employee hired before April 2009 to 4.8 weeks paid holiday leave also on a pro rata basis if part time or casual hours are worked.

Statutory Holiday allows every employee hired after April 2009 to 5.6 weeks paid holiday leave also on a pro rata basis if part time or casual hours are worked.

Your leave per year is normally confirmed in your contract as would be the start and end date of each holiday year.

If you were not specified with a start and end date for holiday leave in your Contract, e.g. the calendar or financial year for holiday leave, then it will be calculated as follows:

  • Employed pre 1st October 1998 – start date for holiday entitlement each year is 1st October
  • If employed after 1st October 1998 it will be the first anniversary of your first day of employment with that Company.

Access our document libarary

Get access to helpful documents to assit your legal matters right here.


Can my Employer refuse me my request for paid holiday leave?

Yes as long as your Employer provides you with the correct notice and follow the terms of your contract and/or any Employment policy in place to confirm how requests for paid holiday leave will be dealt with.

Employers can in certain circumstances demand when you will take your paid holiday leave.

Can I force my Employer to provide me with a specific holiday request I have made?

Potentially yes via an Employment Tribunal if you pursue the action within 3 months of the request being made.

It would be highly recommended to raise this internally in accordance with the Employment policy/handbook in order to try and reach an amicable conclusion.

Unpaid Holiday when I leave my job

When you leave your job you should be paid any holiday leave entitled to you.

If your Employer fails to pay you this you can ensure you receive this via a claim through the Employment Tribunal.

You would need to ensure that you start a claim within 3 months of the date of termination of your employment.

Sports Club Scheme

To learn more email is at or use our contact form

Contact Us

Contact Us

Contact us now for free legal advice from a leading solicitor. Let us help ease your concerns and support you. We cherry pick solicitors that we feel are experts in this area of law and we constantly monitor their performance to ensure it meets our standards. You can be certain that we are best placed to help you find a solution for you.

Our Commitment

We are commited to brining you the best legal services all in one place, our frienly staff and solicitors are ready avalible to assit you with you where legal matters are concerned.

A little treat from us

Here at mylegalclub we strive in bringing a high quality service to all our customers with our professional legal services along with our myshoppingclub.