Equal Pay

Our Equal Pay Advice

What we offer..

Please find useful information here regarding our services.


The Panel Solicitors of My Legal Club have been carefully selected to ensure that they offer you expertise and exceptional customer service

Members of My Legal Club receive discounted prices from panel solicitors providing you with unique value for money when you require a solicitor

Become a My Legal Club member today!

Equal Pay

In accordance with the Equality Act 2010 employees must receive equal pay if they are performing the same or a similar role to that of a colleague. The Employer must ensure that all staff earn comparable amounts for the various roles within the business and ensure that men and women earn the same for each job and role.


How long do I have to raise a concern?

If you are an employee concerned about discrimination in respect of equal pay you can complain internally whilst in employment ensuring compliance with any employment handbook/policy.

You can also complain to the Employment Tribunal and have up to 6 months from the date that your contract terminated as a direct result of this complaint.


Do I need to speak with a Solicitor?

It would be advisable yes. A Solicitor can advise you on your current rights and explain whether mediation or a claim for discrimination would be most appropriate.



What types of discrimination are most common in the workplace? 

  1. Direct Discrimination;
  2. Indirect Discrimination;
  3. Harassment;


What examples are there of each type of discrimination?

Direct Discrimination – This could be rejecting people for a job or discriminating against current employees on the basis of religion, skin colour, or sexual orientation.

An example would be that all women must work overtime unpaid or that only men could apply for a promotion.

Indirect Discrimination – This could be giving some staff certain tasks to perform and not others, placing demands on some staff and not others or grouping people together on the basis of race, sex or age.

Verbal / Physical Abuse – This could be jokes about particular people or false rumours about certain staff, inappropriate touching, physical violence or sexual harassment.

Victimisation – This could be treating someone less favourably because they are part of a Union, or because they complained about someone, or because of their race, age, sexual orientation.

Access our document libarary

Get access to helpful documents to assit your legal matters right here.


If I feel that discrimination in the workplace is an issue what should I do?

  1. Retain a diary and/or written record of what happened, when it happened and what happened afterwards;
  2. Obtain a copy of the employment policy/handbook and ensure a complaint is raised in respect of that policy/handbook to the appropriate member of the Management team
  3. Report the issue to a Trade Union if relevant or the Equality and Human Rights Commission

Seek legal advice from a solicitor.

Family Law


Access our fantastic online family law library including divorce packs, change of name deeds and much, much, more HERE

Our panel solicitors are capable of dealing with all of your family law requirements. Most commonly they are instructed to help people involved with the following:

  • Divorce
  • Childcare arrangements
  • Finances on separation
  • Pre nuptial/civil partnership/cohabitation agreements
  • Child maintenance

When failed relationships and particularly children are involved it can be a very distressing and stressful time for all concerned. It is therefore crucial that you find the best solicitor you can to provide you with early and correct advice. The benefit of  My Legal Club is that we have already done that for you!

We ensure that our panel solicitors who handle family law have the required knowledge and accreditations and comply with the level of service that our customers demand.

You can be certain that you will receive fantastic legal services from our knowledgeable and expert panel of family law solicitors.



Legal Aid

After 1st April 2013 the LASPO Act changed the way legal aid was applied to family law.

Legal aid funding is now limited to:

  • Cases involving child protection or;
  • When you are able to produce evidence of domestic violence within the relationship.

Legal aid remains available in the area of family mediation.

If you were awarded legal aid before April 1st 2013, you are entitled to continue with your legal matter using legal aid.

If you now wish to be assessed for legal aid for family mediation, you will need to pass a means test. This assesses your income and expenditure and establishes whether you are financially eligible for legal aid.

For further information visit https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/legal-aid-agency where you can assess whether or not you may be eligible for legal aid.

Contact Us

Contact us now for free legal advice from a leading solicitor. Let us help ease your concerns and support you. We cherry pick solicitors that we feel are experts in this area of law and we constantly monitor their performance to ensure it meets our standards. You can be certain that we are best placed to help you find a solution for you.

Our Commitment

We are commited to brining you the best legal services all in one place, our frienly staff and solicitors are ready avalible to assit you with you where legal matters are concerned.

A little treat from us

Here at mylegalclub we strive in bringing a high quality service to all our customers with our professional legal services along with our myshoppingclub.